First off, a SoCal pal of mine, Suzanne Lazear, had her launch party for Innocent Darkness at Vroman's Bookstore in Pasadena last weekend. Wish I could have been there because, besides the obvious, there were cupcakes:
# # # #
From National Geographic: Great American Manhunt
Sound intriguing? The series videos are available here
Captain Jack is coming to The CW!
John Barrowman is joining the network’s new fall action-drama Arrow.
The Doctor Who and Torchwood star has signed for a recurring role in Arrow’s debut season. Producers are not saying much about his character, only revealing that he will play a “well-dressed man” who is “as mysterious as he is wealthy … he is an acquaintance of the Queen family and a prominent figure in Starling City.”
Hmmm … one suspects the character is from the Green Arrow comic mythology. Philanthropist Stanley Dover Sr., perhaps? Unless they’re doing a new twist on Brick or the Green Lantern…
Picture credit: AP
I love this guy--I might just have to watch Arrow though to my mind, Justin Hartley IS the Green Arrow.
# # # #
A few fun things--
From Flavorwire : Ten Grumpiest Living Writers (Any guesses? No--Mario's name wasn't included.)
From the Houston Press : 10 Hottest Sex Scenes in Literature (Having nothing to do with you-know-what)
From Forbes: World's Top Earning Authors (Following are the top 15)
1. James Patterson ($94 million)
2. Stephen King ($39 million)
3. Janet Evanovich ($33 million)
4. John Grisham ($26 million)
5. Jeff Kinney ($25 million)
6. Bill O'Reilly ($24 million)
7. Nora Roberts ($23 million)
8. Danielle Steel ($23 million)
9. Suzanne Collins ($20 million)
10. Dean Koontz ($19 million)
11. J.K. Rowling ($17 million)
12. George R.R. Martin ($15 million)
13. Stephenie Meyer ($14 million)
14. Ken Follett ($14 million)
15. Rick Riordan ($13 million)
# # # #
Well, it's countdown to the pub date for Haunted. On August 28, I'll be at the Tattered Cover in Highlands Ranch to celebrate. Hope to see you there...