Okay...think that's it for this week. I've been working diligently to finish a novella, averaging 2-3000 words a day. You writers know, that's a lot of words!!!
What's with this freaky weather...120 in LA!! You know the apocalypse is near when it's hotter there than in Phoenix. Susi, (and anyone else trapped in hell at the moment) how are you doing?
And caught Hawaii-Five-0 finally. Saw the first two episodes and since they haven't found James' body, we have hope don't we all you Whedonistas?
And should probably add I'm teaching an online class at Writers Online
next month. I've taught this class two years now and basically, the info is the same but I've tweaked the lessons, included new stuff, etc. Here's the breakdown if you're interested:
1. What is Urban Fantasy? Description, Author List, Examples
2. Where do you start? Setting and World Building
3. How do you write for the UF audience? Some “rules”
4. Character development – inserting paranormal characters
5. Story Structure – Inciting Incident
6. Conflict – What is it? Why is it important?
7. How do you create and maintain suspense?
8. How do you keep a reader engaged?
9. How much Sex? How much romance?
10. Common Mistakes
11. The Market – Big Press, Small Press, Self-pub’d
Full info at the link above
Let me know what's going on in your world.